This was my first attempt at home made pizza sauce and everyone loved it. I did add some Italian seasoning and some grated Parmesan cheese to it.
2 1/2 cups
Write a Review! (optional)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or 2 t. dried)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (or 1 1/2 t. kosher salt)
- In a small pot , combine the diced tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, olive oil, basil, oregano, sugar, garlic, and salt. (optional: italian seasoning, grated parmesan cheese)
- Simmer on low for about 30 min. (or while pizza dough is rising)
- Use immediately or store in a air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.