I really like this recipe for my dough. I used half all purpose flour and half whole wheat flour.
2 twelve inch crusts
Write a Review! (optional)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (Optional: 1 1/2 cups whole wheat, 1 1/2 cups all purpose)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 1 cup water
- Combine sugar, water and yeast in a measuring cup or small bowl.
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- Pour yeast mixture and oil in well and stir into dry ingredients until you have a soft dough.
- If dough is too sticky, add a bit more flour.
- Knead until smooth on a lightly floured surface.
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover with a towel and let rise until doubled.
- IF YOU HAVE A BREAD MACHINE skip the above steps and just put the ingredients in according to the machine's instructions and use the "dough" setting.
- Punch down and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Makes 1- deep dish or 2- 12-inch pizza crusts.
- To bake, top with your favorite sauce, cheese, etc., and bake at 450°F for about 15 minutes or until crispy and cheese is bubbling.