This is the best pumpkin bread!
Here is the recipe for one loaf:
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/3 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups and 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, oil, sugar, and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; stir into the pumpkin mixture until well blended. Pour into the pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. The top of the loaf should spring back when lightly pressed.