Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bean Burritos

I follow Pioneer Woman's bean recipe: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/08/beans_and_cornb/

Pinto beans
bacon or ham (I use ham)
salt
pepper


Rinse beans in cool water, pour into a pot, cover with water by 2 or 3 inches. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover. Simmer 2 hours or until beans are tender. Add water to pot as needed. Beans should have a thick broth. Toward end of cooking time, add salt and pepper and season to taste.

Then I take out the beans and mash them all up. When I get ready to serve the bean burritos, I put the beans into a pan and add some cumin (you could probably add any Mexican seasoning to them). Heat them up and serve on flour tortillas with cheese and sour cream. My crew also likes onions in them (Taco Bell way). My kids have told me my bean burritos are much better than Taco Bell's bean burritos. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment