Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Chicken Stir Fry
Go here to learn more: http://www.5dollardinners.com/
http://www.recipezaar.com/Chicken-Stir-Fry-32652 My changes are in italics.
* 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves ($2.96 on sale)
* 3 tablespoons cornstarch (cents)
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce (cents)
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (cents)
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (cents)
* 3 tablespoons cooking oil, divided (cents)
* 1 package frozen stir fry vegetables ($1.25)
* 1 cup water
* 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule (cents)
1. Cut chicken into 1/2 inch strips; place in a resealable plastic bag.
2. Add cornstarch and toss to coat.
3. Combine soy sauce, ginger, and garlic powder; add to bag and shake well.
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons oil; stir fry chicken until no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes.
6. Remove and keep warm.
7. Add remaining oil; stir fry frozen vegetables for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
8. Add water and bouillon.
9. Return chicken to pan.
10. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
Approximate total for this recipe~ less than $5.00