This sauce turned out great. I think I will make my own spaghetti sauce from now on. I left out the mushrooms.
* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
* 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
* 1 tablespoon dried basil
* 1 tablespoon garlic powder
* 1 tablespoon dried oregano
* 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook ground beef with onion until brown; drain. Stir tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, garlic powder, oregano and mushrooms into beef mixture. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer one hour. Serve over hot pasta.